February Fling – 2019 – The Studio – In the beginning…

If you haven’t read that I am getting a studio in my backyard then you are seriously missing my posts and you better catch up!  I’ll give you a recap.

We have a really huge backyard and I WANT to say that since the kids are grown we don’t need all that room but TRUTHFULLY we never really utilized it much even when they were little.  I don’t know why.  In time it got to look like this:

We razed the worst section to the ground and it looked like this:

But then we could see we needed a new fence desperately.

So we had a new fence put in.  Thankfully the neighbors behind us helped with the cost.

Then the yard looked like this for a while.  You can see that the left side is still pretty much just dirt but the middle and right side has greenery.

The outside of our house looked pretty shabby and the roof was starting to leak in the kitchen so we decided it was time to spruce the mansion up a bit.

We had 21st Century come and give it a facelift.  They are an excellent company to work with and we highly recommend them.

Quite a difference from the old to the new, but now the backyard was overgrown again.

We decided that the bathroom was more important than the backyard at the time so we called our friends at 21st Century again and they did this:

But still the backyard looked like a hayfield or a jungle.

I tried to clear it myself since my husband has a bad back and can’t do this kind of work but after a whole day this is all I could manage.

One more time we hired someone to come and raze it to ground zero status.
And we even had a tent in it so we could have a get together after our daughter’s graduation from college.  That tent is 10 x 10 just to give you an idea.

We also hired someone to come and keep the weeds and other things from growing back until we could decide what we wanted to do out there.  You need money for these kinds of projects and even if money did grow on trees, we no longer had any of either πŸ™‚
That’s it for installment #1.  Hope you come back for Part 2.

from Blogger http://asmile4ufromjanet.blogspot.com/2019/02/february-fling-2019-studio-in-beginning.html
via IFTTT

About scr4pl80

I'm a 60-ish, married, mom to 3, creative soul looking to make the world a better place one smile at a time.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to February Fling – 2019 – The Studio – In the beginning…

1. House projects can be expensive, but aren’t they nice when completed? I’m excited to see your studio (much better than weeds!).

• scr4pl80 says:

We got lucky and a friend of ours does sheet rock installation so we are saving a ton of money having him help us with the inside. We passed inspection today so it’s all systems go!

2. joey says:

Very spruce it up kinda stuff. I like it. I’m very fond of your blue bathroom! That would please me no end πŸ™‚
    We have 1.3 acres. Some of it’s pretty, even downright gorgeous. Some of it’s a damn shame. Most of it is green and meh in season. LOL It’s a lot to deal with.

• scr4pl80 says:

Wow. That’s a lot of land! Our lot is 1280 square feet approximately. We have one of the biggest lots on the block. I really like the way the bathroom came out too. It was SO gross before.

• joey says:

Lots of people wanna live where you live, is great real estate! Not so much for hood-adjacent midwestern city life πŸ˜‰ I couldn’t afford to live in your shed out there! LOL

3. Scarlett79 says:

She shed β™₯️

4. Shelley says:

So exciting, I can’t wait to see more! I’m so happy for you to have a fun spot to escape to, and close to home, too!

5. Ally Bean says:

Your transformations are great. So pretty.

6. Laurie says:

Wow! The transformations are absolutely amazing! Good for you. Enjoy your new studio.

Liked by 1 person

7. Lots of work going on! Looks great! Is it too dry to plant grass in the back yard? That’s so easy.

8. Joanne Sisco says:

Wow! The two of you have been seriously inspired! Looking forward to reading about the studio … with more than a little envy πŸ˜‰

Liked by 1 person

9. Ohmigosh–all those repairs. Isn’t always something (we deal with the same thing in the motorhome)? You seemed to have bit it off a piece at a time, and everything looks beautiful. I’m so excited for your new craft space and can’t wait to follow the progress!

• scr4pl80 says:

Hi Dawn! We did absolutely nothing to the house for 20 years! We did have to spot patch the roof and there was a plumbing issue but other than that and painting the bedrooms, nada. We came into a bit of money and decided that it would be best spent on the house so that’s what we did.

10. LA says:

Looks great! Looking forward to rest!

11. disturbedteacher says:

All the projects look great! Congrats on the new look!

Comments are closed.