Very honored to have been nominated not once but twice for the Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award. I must really be inspiring! I will respond to both now.
The first was from A to Z coordinator J. Lenni Dorner. I have to continually send my appreciation to him, not only for his wonderful work with the A to Z each April but also, and maybe more importantly at least to me, is for his comment on one of my posts where I was ranting about the size of toilet paper rolls. He directed me to the Charmin company who offers a toilet roll extender that makes it easier to use these huge rolls. Now instead of being frustrated when I have to change the TP, it is a breeze. Thanks for making my life easier, J. Lenni. Now to answer his five questions (paraphrased to save time and typing):
- How seriously are you taking the pandemic? On a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 means you have done nothing and don’t even really believe in it and 10 means you’ve masked, vaccinated and reached out to your political leaders… — Absolutely a 10, except I haven’t reached out to political leaders. I mask, I’ve been vaccinated and definitely take all the precautions. The virus is real.
- What are your thoughts, etc. about the Kindle Vella? — I know nothing about it so have no opinion. I don’t use a Kindle so if this is a new version, it wouldn’t appeal to me.
- In the United States voting rights are changing. Do you think it should be harder or easier to vote? — I believe very strongly that every adult of sound mind should be allowed to vote and that all the votes need to be counted. I am praying that the two measures now in congress can get passed. While I am not always on the winning side, I at least want to know that no one is allowed to discount my vote because they don’t like me or the outcome.
- Who do I think should host “Jeopardy” now that Alex Trebek has passed? — I did not regularly watch the show (I rarely watch TV at all) and so I have no opinion on this.
- If you had 200 Billion dollars what would you do with the money and would one of the things be sending yourself into space? — If I had that much money, I would share it with the less fortunate for sure. You could seriously change someone’s life with money like that. I’d probably open a scrapbook shop, hire a cleaning service to clean the house, make sure the kids were taken care of. Traveling to space does not interest me at this time. I reserve the right to change my mind about that if something exciting happens out there or if it is the only way I could continue to live.
The second nomination was from Tamara Gerber at Part-Time Working Hockey Mom. Tamara is one of the bloggers I found during the A to Z a few years ago when she was writing about crime. It was a very interesting subject, although she says she was disappointed in its reception. Tamara lives in Switzerland and I love learning more about that country. Her questions are:
- If you were an animal, what would you be? — I’m stuck between a koala and an owl.
- In what way has this pandemic changed your view of the world? — I think it is the realization of the extreme differences between people. I mean, I always knew that there were differences of opinion and that countries do things differently but I don’t know if I really felt the extremism. It makes me a little nervous at times.
- Have you ever lived abroad? If not, would you consider it? — Considering the fact that I wouldn’t even move across the Bay so my husband wouldn’t have to commute over the bridge, I really don’t think living abroad is in my future. LOL. That said, I might like to make an extended visit to Australia or Italy or even London.
- What are your personal contributions toward reducing your carbon footprint? — Well, of course I probably could do more but in general, I turn off lights when not in the room, I batch my errands so I either park in one spot and walk to several places or do many errands in one day and then don’t drive again for a couple days. We recycle everything we can.
- If I were to visit you in your town or city, what adventures would we experience there? — This is easy. See my A to Z posts from this year’s challenge where I took you through San Francisco!
I hesitate to nominate people for awards. I don’t want to put any pressure and I know some folks don’t participate in the practice so I will just ask my five questions and if you are so inclined, please answer and link back here so we can read them!
- If you were a color, what color and why?
- Words of advice I will never forget are…?
- In the future I want to be remembered for…?
- Alternatively, ever wonder what your role in history would have been? Think of the most historical events in the last 100 years and put yourself there.
- Have I truly inspired you? At least, have I made you smile?
Thanks again J. Lenni and Tamara for the nomination. It has been fun answering your questions!