July is Jumping

Well, another month is already a week old. Can’t believe I don’t have anything to say for whole months at a time! This month is different though. While I may not be posting every day here, I have started a new TikTok account to help promote the crafty work I do. According to the training I got (yes, I took some training) I will need to post every day for at least 30 days. Most days it will be just one or two posts but on days 6 and 7 the challenge is to post 16 to 20 snippets each day!!! The goal is to get to the magic 1000 followers so that I can add the link to my business in my bio. I guess if TikTok doesn’t see 1000 followers they think you are not really a business. Here’s my first one:

We had our annual 4th of July celebration too. Just a small affair with a few friends and neighbors. It was unbelievable how many illegal fireworks went off around us until well after midnight. Our poor Benny was really scared. Next year I’m going to have to get him some meds or something. Here’s a quick peek at one of the better ones we had for the night. The “grand finale” went on for 2 minutes!

Concerts are happening this month too. We are going to see Reo Speedwagon with Styx and Loverboy next week, my daughter and I are going to an Abba cover band and then hubby and I will see a Queen cover at the end of the month.

Wish me luck on my TikTok adventure. If you’re there, follow me (at least until I get to my 1000. Then you can leave if you want – LOL). I am @scr4pl80 (scrap lady) there just like everywhere else. Have to stay consistent, right? How is your summer shaping up?

About scr4pl80

I'm a 60-ish, married, mom to 3, creative soul looking to make the world a better place one smile at a time.

23 Responses to July is Jumping

1. debscarey says:

Janet, I take my hat off to you for committing to that TikTok endeavour. I’m sure they’re right, it’s all about consistency. I’m struggling with LinkedIn at the moment for my coaching business, and plugging away on Instagram, all while trying not to run out of steam. I’m considering Pinterest, but am trying to not do the whole “oh look, new shiny thing!” This marketing malarkey is a nightmare isn’t it?

Liked by 1 person

• scr4pl80 says:

Yes, Deb, it is really hard to do marketing without feeling like a slick salesman but if I don’t get word of my work out there, who will? I have gotten up to 250 followers on TikTok so we’ll see. Still a far cry from the 1000 I need in order to have my website linked.

2. Congratulations on your new adventure to TikTok. Your first video is so sweet. Good luck reaching your goal at a speedy pace. This year the fireworks seemed to last a full week. Aw, poor Benny, fireworks can be so scary to some dogs. I had a Golden that loved them, but my little Copper was terrified of them. I’ll share your post so any of my followers that are on TikTok can help you out with your follower quota!! Happy posting to you!

Liked by 1 person

3. I don’t usually get your posts until Monday but I jumped over from Shelly’s blog to see your TikTok. Sadly, I don’t have an account so I can’t add to your total. Good luck with your site and thanks for the explanation of your “name.” I had no idea.

Liked by 1 person

4. E.A. Wickham says:

Good luck on your 1000 followers. I don’t do TikTok or I would be one.

Liked by 1 person

5. Tamara says:

Have fun at the Reo Speedwagon, Styx and Loverboy concert, I love their music! Seems like a very long time ago, does that mean I’m old?
    Sorry, I am not on TikTok, and I am not planning on doing so in the future, on the contrary, I’m constantly removing distracting apps. Good luck though!

Liked by 1 person

6. Debbie D. says:

Hi Janet; I found you on TikTok and followed. ๐Ÿ™‚ Going to send you a private message about gaining more of them. I’ll share this on Twitter and Facebook as well. Have fun at the concerts! We only have one this month – Bachman & Cummings (formerly with the Guess Who). Happy Summer!

Liked by 1 person

7. LA says:

I donโ€™t TikTokโ€ฆ.but I wish you luck with that!! Summer so far so good

Liked by 1 person

8. Hi Janet, it’s awesome to see and hear you ๐Ÿค— good luck on the TikTok front. ๐Ÿคฉ

Liked by 1 person

9. John says:

Those bands have been around for decades, good music. I publish five times per day maximum on my photoblog and do it almost every day, it’s easy.

Liked by 1 person

10. John Holton says:

Reblogged this on The Sound of One Hand Typing and commented:
    You all know Janet… she’s trying to get to 1000 followers on TikTok so she can put a link to her business there. Give her a follow, if you can!

Liked by 1 person

11. John Holton says:

So THAT’s what your handle means! I just joined. Only 984 followers to go!

Liked by 1 person

• scr4pl80 says:

Thanks for the share my friend. It means a lot! I often wonder if people get the reference to scrap lady. I made the name that way because Scr@pl80 and scraplady were already taken.

Love to hear from you!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s